There is a huge list of items which you can send but below is a short list of restricted items for international courier. The following items are not accepted by Extra Ship and we request you to contact us in-case, you have any queries about what to send and what you can’t send.
The following restricted items might not be allowed by our partners (Network) (DHL, FEDEX, UPS and TNT) or might be prohibited by law or both.
Restricted & Banned Items
● Liquid, semi-liquid and gases
● Indian Postal Articles and all items that infringe the Indian Postal Act of 1898
● Precious and semi-precious stones, gems, jewellery and equivalent items
● Radioactive or magnetic material
● Negotiable Instruments (Bearer Form)
● Pornographic material
● Sodexo pass
● Firearms, explosives and military equipment
● Flammable Items
● Toxic and infectious Items
● Powders and chemicals
● Machinery parts containing oil, grease, fuel or batteries
● All restricted items as per guidelines of IATA Dangerous Goods Definition: Commodities, which possess potentially hazardous characteristics. These are as the laid out by IATA in the Dangerous Goods Regulations.
The categories of dangerous goods are:
● Class 1: Explosives
● Class 2: Gases
● Class 3: Flammable Liquids
● Class 4: Flammable Solids
● Class 5: Oxidizers and Organic Peroxides
● Class 6: Toxic & Infectious Substances
● Class 7: Radioactive Material
● Class 8: Corrosives
● Class 9: Miscellaneous e.g. Magnets – a danger to airplane equipment
The guidelines are available in the following links:
● Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – http://www.iata.org/publications/dgr/Pages/index.aspx
● Live Animals Regulations (LAR) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/live-animals.aspx
● Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/perishable-cargo.aspx
● Lithium Battery Shipping Guidelines (LBSG) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/lithium-battery-guidelines.aspx
● The Air Cargo Tariff and Rules (TACT) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/air-cargo-tariff.aspx
There are many other items which are restricted but not mentioned in the above list. They might be based on the countries to which you are shipping your parcel. We will guide you with the items that are prohibited / restricted to ship to your destination country.